Try walking off the stress. That’s right, staying stress free can be as easy as doing some old-fashioned walking. When you simply cannot wrap one more present or make out one more list, step outside and walk through the park with your kids or walk over to a friend’s house. Instant relief!
When the holidays generate wellness issues or painful twinges, the Joint Chiropractic offers a hassle free comprehensive health and care wellness program that eliminates appointments and insurance with walk-in visits and affordable pricing plans. They make the care that you need easily accessible.
Walk Into Fitness
The American Chiropractic Association suggests you move into the New Year with a fitness walking plan that lets you:
- Improve cardiovascular endurance
- Tone muscles of the lower body
- Burn calories: About 80 if walking two miles per hour, and about 107 if walking four and a half miles per hour
- Lower heart disease risk
- Reduce stress
ACA On the Ground Tips
- Get the right shoes. Make sure the balls of your feet rest exactly at the point where the toe end of the shoe bends during walking.
- Look for lots of cushioning in the soles to absorb impact.
- Buy your shoes at the end of the day when your feet are their largest. Wear the socks you will wear walking.
- Test them in the store for at least 10 minutes.
- Get a new pair when they roll up 300 to 500 miles.
- Look for a cushioned or rubberized track to absorb most of the impact of walking. Your community recreation center may have one available.
- Grass is a good choice too but watch for hidden holes or dips and slick wet surfaces in early morning walks.
Once you start walking you are sure to find lots of ways to add steps: Walking rather than driving to do errands, walking over to a co-worker’s desk instead of emailing, and walking after lunch to wake up your brain and shed calories.
Wrap Everything Up at the Joint
As you develop walking routines, stop by The Joint Chiropractic to learn more about wellness.
They offer the purest form of chiropractic care, providing full spinal adjustments to check for subluxations, which are misalignments of one or more vertebrae in the spine and/or the joints.
When the misalignment is corrected and you have improved joint motion and nerve function, it may have far reaching effects on back, neck and sciatica pain. The improved functionality of the body through chiropractic care may also help headaches, insomnia, and even allergies.
Walk in soon and find out more.
This article is made available for general, entertainment and educational purposes only. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of The Joint Corp (or its franchisees and affiliates). You should always seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.